Press Release: BlackBerry10 apps picking up a steady stream of great reviews
Ottawa, ON – March 25, 2013
bitHeads inc, a custom software development firm located in Ottawa, Ontario developed several highly rated BlackBerry 10 applications for some of the world’s most well known brands, including the Weather Channel, Slacker, Flixster, ING Direct, and the National Film Board.
Several industry leading publications and consumers worldwide have taken note of the bitHeads-built applications. These apps include:
- Slacker Radio, which in addition to being named one of the 10 best apps available as of the American launch, received positive reviews regarding app speed, the new look, and and was named app of the week by BlackBerry the week of February 20.
- The National Film Board of Canada app was featured by BlackBerry during the live announcement of the BlackBerry 10 operating system on January 30, 2013.
- Flixster was named one of the best BB10 entertainment apps and was listed by Network World as one of the best apps available at the time of the American BlackBerry Z10 release.
- The Weather Channel received industry praise and positive consumer feedback based on app speed and the ability to identify location.
- ING Direct Canada is one of the few banking apps currently available on the BB10 platform and received very positive reception from consumers.
“It’s gratifying to have such overwhelmingly positive feedback from throughout the industry, BlackBerry, and consumers themselves,” says bitHeads inc. Vice President of Business Development, Ted Burnett. “I’m hearing from more and more enterprise clients who want to work with us now, to see how they can leverage the robust new BB10 platform for their business needs.”
The BlackBerry10 operating system was globally announced on January 30, 2013. Sales of the BlackBerry Z10 devices began on March 22, 2013 in the United States.
For more details:
Charlene Morling, Marketing
bitHeads inc. is a custom software development firm that brings more than 17 years of experience in the development of applications for both the enterprise and consumer markets. As a proven software development partner, top global brands rely on bitHeads to develop innovative mobile and cloud-based solutions. For more information, check out www.bitheads.com or follow us on Twitter @bitHeads.